Saturday, May 22, 2021

Upgrading or Installing Oracle analytics Model Admin Tool (RPD) for ADW

I want to use my Model Admin Tool (the RPD development tool) with ADW (Autonomous Data Warehouse). ADW uses client credentials (wallet). How to connect ADW and load metadata?

The A-Team covered quite nicely the topic of Creating an Oracle Analytics Cloud RPD Connection to the Autonomous Data Warehouse so I will repeat it briefly and talk about the one thing you need to do when installing a new version of Admin client while you already have a working installation with Oracle ADW (Autonomous Data Warehouse)("upgrade").

New setup

1. Download or obtain the the ADW client credentials (wallet). You can find in in the ADW Service Console, under Administration.

 


2. Save the file and unzip it on you computer (outside the Model Admin Tool installation). In my case it was C:\Oracle\ADW


 

3. Install the Analytic Client Tool available here (in case of link malfunction , I try to keep update version of link in the "links" section of this blog, as "OAC developer Tools") on your computer, in my case it was C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home5_9 or use existing installation.

4. Copy the files sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora from the wallet you unzipped earlier (in my case C:\Oracle\ADW/sqlnet.ora and C:\Oracle\ADW/tnsnames.ora)   to the new Client Tool installation under: domains\bi\config\fmwconfig\bienv\core (in my case C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home5_9\domains\bi\config\fmwconfig\bienv\core).

5. In the copied sqlnet.ora file change the wallet location to the correct one in your case. (in my case it is: WALLET_LOCATION = (SOURCE = (METHOD = file) (METHOD_DATA = (DIRECTORY="C:\ORACLE\ADW"))) )


6. Run the Model Admin Tool and create metadata, based on the standard Oracle interface - Oracle Call Interface (OCI). Use the content of the tnsnames.ora file you copied earlier. In the file they are 3 types of connections. I think the low type of connection is the proper one for analytics. Fill the User / Password for ADW. Select the tables from ADW...

7. In the connection pool itself we might want to set and use the ADW connection in OAC console and use Externalize Connection. See details at the "Using the Externalize Connection Option" section at the A-Team post.


Installing new version of Admin Tool - "Upgrade"

I installed a newer version of admin tool. In my case at C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home6_0 .

Assuming my wallet is located at some shared location (as described in previous section) and I had an older version of the client working with ADW, all I have is to copy the 2 ora files from domains\bi\config\fmwconfig\bienv\core of the older installation. In my case I copied the sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora files from C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home5_9\domains\bi\config\fmwconfig\bienv\core to C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home6_0\domains\bi\config\fmwconfig\bienv\core.




No comments:

Post a Comment