Few posts planned for use in expected Hackathons.
Oracle APEX (formerly known as Oracle Application Express) is a very popular Low Code App Platform by Oracle. It is used for developing and deploying cloud, mobile, and desktop applications. The platform offers a web-based integrated development environment (IDE) with a range of features including wizards, drag-and-drop layout, and property editors to simplify the process of building applications and pages.
APEX is a fully-supported no-cost feature of the Oracle Database and can be installed anywhere Oracle Database runs. APEX is also offered on Oracle's Cloud across various services including Autonomous Database Cloud Services and the stand-alone fully managed APEX Application Development service.
How to start?
If you have an existing Autonomous Database, you can access the Database Actions - View all database actions and select APEX.
If you don't, you can create an Autonomous database for APEX workload type.
How to learn?
There are lots of great tutorials in Oracle LiveLabs (the site itself is created with APEX):
For starter consider one of the following (first 2 available also on LiveLabs sandbox):
- Converting your Spreadsheet into a Cloud App using Oracle APEX (45 min)
- Low Code Development Oracle APEX on Autonomous Database (2 hr)
- Building an App using REST Data Sources for Oracle Autonomous Cloud Services (50 min)
- Or you can try the Build Your first app training here.
For Specific issues there are lots of blogs for the topics and also the following tutorials on LiveLabs:
- Extend your application with advanced chat-bots
- Get Started with Maps and Spatial in APEX
- How can I send mail from Oracle Apex?
- How do I call a procedure in Oracle Apex on a button submit and pass page parameters?
- Build a Movies Watchlist Application using Oracle APEX
- Build a Social Media App Using Oracle APEX!
- Build an Expense Tracker Application using Oracle APEX
- Easily Build Powerful Analytic Applications Using Oracle APEX
You can also check this Videos page here there many specific tips there.
This is the documentation page - https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/apex/index.html.
For local installations this is the installation guide.