OBIEE 184.108.40.206.0 was released this weekend.
The download page is here.
The installation includes:
The unexpected component is the patches for the weblogic server that should be installed before installing the BI. Oracle advises to install them when upgrading from previous 12c.
The JDK and Weblogic components seem to be the same as for 220.127.116.11.
At the moment the BI Client seems to be rather big download file. When I opened it I discovered another copy of the BI server software, beyond the expected client software. So if you are installing OBIEE Windows server...
The new features are mainly major upgrade of the Data Visualization component, described here.
Data Visualization new features:
Publisher new features:
Specifying the Barcode Types in RTF Templates.You can use the qrcode or PDF417 functions to specify the barcode type in the RTF templates. See 2D Barcode Functions.
- Creating Accessible PDF Documents.You can create structured accessible PDF documents that include the document title and PDF tags. See Generating Accessible PDF Output.
- Skipping Pages and Page Numbers in Reports.You can create a RTF template to skip pages and page numbers in the first page, even pages, or odd pages in reports. See Skipping Pages and Page Numbers.
- Enable Diagnostic Logs for Online Reports.You can enable diagnostic logs for online reports. See Enabling Diagnostics for Online Reports.
- Purge Scheduled Job History Data.You can purge the history of old scheduled jobs. See Purging Job History.
- Set Memory Guard Property for Bursting Data Size.You can set the server.BURSTING_REPORT_MAX_DATA_SIZE memory guard property to limit the size of bursting data. See Memory Guard Properties.
- Generate Command-Line Utilities.You can run the GenerateBIPUtility script to generate the utilities for configuring memory guard properties (BIPCONFIGSERVICE.ZIP) and for managing catalog (BIPCATALOGUTIL.ZIP). See Using Command-Line Utilities.
OBIEE new features:
- This release includes the Manage Themes functionality, which allows the entire interface, dashboard styles, or both to be customized with a logo, colors, link appearance, and button shape. See Modifying the User Interface With Themes.