Oracle Big data Discovery (BDD) is available.
BDD, the visual face of Hadoop was declared at Strata Conference today.
You can find it's main page here: https://www.oracle.com/bigdata/big-data-discovery/index.html. That includes data sheet, executive briefing and video. You can read there about Capabilities.
The documentation is here.
The YouTube channel is here.
The Learning library is here.
BDD is installed on the Hadoop Cluster and currently works on the latest Cloudera Distribution (5.3).
You can find the installation on edelivery (under Business Intelligence).
It's time to have fun with BDD.
Few additional resources:Richard Tomlinson from Oracle giving 5 part introduction posts: "Unmask Your Data. The Visual Face of Hadoop". Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
RitttmanMead blogging on BDD:
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 1: “The Visual Face of Hadoop”.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 2: Data Transformation, Wrangling and Exploration.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 3: Data Exploration and Visualization.
- Some Oracle Big Data Discovery Tips and Techniques
- Bringing Data Discovery To Hadoop – Part 1.
- Bringing Data Discovery To Hadoop – Part 2.
- Bringing Data Discovery To Hadoop – Part 3.
- Big Data Discovery – Custom Java Transformations Part 1
- Big Data Discovery – Custom Java Transformations Part 2
Rene Kuipers guide to BDD installation (should not replace the installation guide): Installing Oracle Big Data Discovery 1.0.0